Thursday, March 12, 2009

So here it is...

Finally, I have joined the Blogger domain. I've decided to rid myself of the insane world of Myspace and commit to keeping my family updated through more civilized means ;). So here it is...what's going on in the Enriquez household:

As many of you know, we've added a new ACE to the crew. Baby number 4, Aris Carmela Enriquez (hence, ACE) was born January 26 of this year to kick off the first day of the Chinese New Year! Our Doc exclaimed, "She's an OX!" thought to be the sign of prosperity through fortitude and hard work. The boys have been adapting to the new addition with open arms, literally. Azlan often picks Aris up off the bed and carries her around while I'm in the shower or out of the room. The first time he walked in the room with her in his arms our mouths dropped! Emery and I walked slowly toward him.."please don't drop her and hand her over, Azlan...no more holding baby without Mommy and Daddy's permission." He means well though. They have been very protective of her and are being such good big brothers, reading her stories, playing with her, talking to her, singing, etc. Every once in awhile Atticus slaps her or pinches her just to make sure she still works but he means well nevertheless. She is a sweet girl and lets me and Em sleep through the night. We are so happy to have such happy, healthy, and beautiful babies and have decided to move on to a new hobby rather than have more babies every year ;0).

In other news, I have been busy preparing for Student Teaching which I should be starting in Fall 2009 if all goes as planned. I finished my Masters in Education coursework last October and must finish my student teaching in order to get my credential to teach at the Elementary level. I'm a little sad to go back to work with the boys and Aris still being so young but it's only 4 months and then I'm back at home, at least for the next year. Emery has been working harder than ever over the past few months with school and work. He has decided to look into law enforcement as a career option since that is also his field of study (Criminal Justice). He will not be coaching football this year because of his full plate, but don't count him out for the following years once the boys get a little older. Azlan will be starting school this fall and he is ecstatic! He has successfully gained phonological awareness and is now learning to read thanks to some fun computer games and activities we've acquired. I highly recommend Reader Rabbit to anyone prepping their child for Kindergarten, Azlan and Adrian both love it and are learning so much from it. Azlan is quite the talker these days. Just last night, as we were coming home, he got out of the car and asked a neighbor walking by why he let his dogs go to the bathroom on his Mommy and Daddy's yard....can we say, uncomfortable? But, it was quite funny because Em and I were thinking the same thing. He is also blooming as a football player and loves any sport he can play. Adrian is becoming quite the musician, singing and playing his guitar. He is such a funny guy too, always making jokes and clowning around. Atticus is still Baby Atticus, although he is growing like a weed; he turns on the charm and does his own thing.The boys are doing great and just as wild and crazy as ever. Poor Aris will have no chance of ever having a boyfriend with these guys around, lucky for us. Well, that is the story for now. More later!

2 comments:

  1. You are so funny Jena!
    this new worlds looks intruiging, I may join the blogging world as well now that you've peeked my interest[as a more civilized means of communication.. hehehe], looks fun, and we know I love to write!

    XOXO,

    Chrystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coco! Im glad you joined the blogging world! love your blog so far girl! xo.

    ReplyDelete