Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Break 2009

Ahhhh, where to begin... It was a rather busy and festive week with Ryan and Sis at the house. We started off the week at the beach...Me, two teens, and 4 kids...not a good idea. It was a bit hectic trying to get my posse in and out of the car in one piece while trying to tend to my OCD about sand being in my car and on the bodies of my children.



We made it home safe and sound then headed to the park the next day for some more fun in the sun. The girls (Cheyenne, Chanel, Charmagne) stopped by for the night and ended up staying. They really wanted cookies so we made a contest out of it. My team won in the presentation factor but I must say theirs was rather creative. We ended the week in SD with a rainy day and packed our bags for good ol' BakersDozen. Heading into town I was surprised by how clean and green everything looked, an unusual look for Bako. We went to Eva Jo's house and settled in with some good cookin' from Eva Jo's kitchen. It was nice to see everyone together for the first time in a while.

The next day was Easter. The boys were excited about their baskets and I was excited that I had finally learned how to use the "color accent" feature on my camera. I had too much fun dressing Aris up in her Easter dress and Tutu and my nieces looked too cute prancing around in their little Easter tutus.



I don't get to Bako too much these days and it was nice to see everyone together and having a good time. I finally got to hang out with my two "homies" from highschool at Mesh's little Annual Easter BBQ. It was great seeing a happy ending for everyone since our highschool days of trouble-making. Who would of thought...Natalie and Coco with some little troublemakers of their own. I missed my sisters and mom and I really enjoyed spending time with them again. All in all, it was a good time.

Thank God for Jesus, the reason for such a wonderful holiday.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a blast - and darnit I don't know how to use my cvolor feature or my slow action click on my camera that makes me sad, it looks fun LOL. I missed Mish's Easter BBQ and I was really sad about it, as I was looking forward to gonig and getting a chance to see you both again - I had my cousins do a *suprise* drop by and they pretty much kept me home all afternoon with like 8 kids at my house and 7 dozen eggs to hunt... Maybe, by chance, I'll see you anyway someday soon! I hope you had a great easter!!

    ReplyDelete